Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Doodling in Prayer


As an experiment, I have taken to picking up some pens to doodle during my prayer time. This drawing was the first of several, which I shall post. I usually put on some worship music and grab my pens and a tablet and start praying and drawing. When I did this drawing, the first in the experiment, I was praying about laying the foundation for a local creative community, where Christian artists could experience fellowship, training and collaboration on creative projects which will glorify God, our Creator. 
I had no preconceived idea of what my drawing would be, but as the images emerged it spoke to me of organic beginnings and people on the outside being drawn in. 
I think many artists feel irrelevant in the church today. They feel like a square peg in a round hole. Many church leaders do not know how to utilize creative people, with the possible exception of the role of the "worship leader."
I believe that God wants His artists and creative people fully integrated into His body. 
My prayer is that the ones on the outside will be encouraged to cross the barriers that have kept them at bay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment