Tuesday, January 5, 2010

January Bead Journal 2010 : The Dove

I decided to start a bead journal this year and plan to complete a motif for every month of the year.
This piece is called "The Dove" because in January 1983, I was rescued by God from a very dark and hopeless life. In the midst of a cold and hopeless winter, despair and depression, He came, by His Holy Spirit ( as represented by the dove in the motif) and gave me new hope and a new life. Because of Jesus Christ and His love, I live a forgiven, redeemed, beautiful, fruitful and creative life. His mercies are new every morning !

"And John bore witness saying, " I have beheld the Spirit, descending as a dove out of heaven."
 John 1:32

10 comments:

  1. Just saw your feature and had to pop on over:) Gorgeous piece!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful and a wonderful story to go with it - you do such lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jean ! We must have a mutual admiration society going on because I must have spent an hour on your blog last night drooling. Your work is astonishing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. kathryn, both your story and piece are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful piece! I love those blues.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never seen a bead journal before...do you attach them all together somehow, or slip them into clear pages in a book??? Very gorgeous things they are! WOWZERS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julie, thanks for your kind comments and interest in my blog ! My plan is to mount all of these motifs on a canvas in a circle, kind of like a clock. As you can see, I fell off the wagon last year, but plan to pick this back up in March this year ! If you do an internet search of bead journals you will find all kinds of ways that artists put them together.

    ReplyDelete