Monday, November 9, 2009

Genesis


I call this bead embroidered collar, Genesis, because it was my first collar creation and it was definitely a work in progress. I have added one feature to it since this photo was taken, by adding some delicas to tighten up the peyote around the turquoise stone, which set it off rather nicely !
I used chocolate brown 3 cuts that I cut off of one of my mom's old cocktail dresses, some amazing vintage lavendar 3 cuts that I cut off of an old bead crocheted bad that my dog partially destroyed, some turquoise colored size 11 seed beads, some blue coin pearls, dusty lavendar size 11 seed beads and lime green size 11 seed beads.
I rather like the paisley motif  and hope to use it again in future works. I think it gives an illusion of motion and life in a similar way that a spiral does.I like themes that celebrate life ! And I thank God for creating all of the beauty I see every day. I thank Him that I am able to celebrate life and beauty in my artwork. It is an act of  worship to Him, and I hope it brings Him pleasure.

"The God said, 'Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together in one place, and let the dry land appear; and it was so. And God called the dry land Earth, and the gathering together of the waters, He called Seas. And God saw that it was good.'" Genesis 1:9

No comments:

Post a Comment