Monday, November 16, 2009

Spring Bouquet




The inspiration for this free form peyote stitch bracelet was a beautiful bouquet of spring flowers that I brought to a friend who was battling cancer last March. The flowers were all shades of purples, blues and bright yellows. They were incredibly beautiful, and I was intrigued by the colors. So, naturally, I had to make something to remind me of them. I love free form peyote, because I never know exactly how the peice will turn out. I allow it to be a completely intuitive process, and I am never disappointed with the results.
I used seed beads of various sizes and added some pearls and large faceted beads for texture. The clasp is a peyote toggle and loop.
My friend went home to be with the LORD,  and I know he is enjoying flowers that far exceed the beauty of the ones I brought him that day. He is now perfected, healed and whole and experiencing the glory of the heavenly realm.

"and He shall wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will be no longer any death, or mourning, or sorrow or pain, for the old order of things shall pass away"
Revelation 21:4

No comments:

Post a Comment