Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Blueberry Wine



I have always been fascinated with lariat style necklaces. There is just something about the drape, the "slinkiness" of them that is so elegant and unique. I decided to do this "ribbon" style lariat with some yummy beads I found at Ding's Design in Winston-Salem, NC. my hometown, where my dear friend Paula Meyncke teaches seed beading classes.
These size 11 matte beads are called "Blueberry Wine," thus the name of the lariat.
I used peyote stitch to create sections and then attached the sections with seed beads and freshwater pearls in various hues of wine and light purple. On the ends of the lariat, I added a crystal or two.

"May he kiss me with the kisses of his mouth. For your love is better than wine."
Song of Solomon 1:2

1 comment:

  1. A ribbon lariat!! I love this idea...your piece is gorgeous :-)

    ReplyDelete