Thursday, November 12, 2009

Little Bag Blue



This blue bag was lots of fun to crochet. The design is by Lydia Borin at

Lydia crochets her gorgeous bags on Jean Stitch thread, which is not for the faint of heart... or the weak of eye !
I have great bifocals, but being somewhat faint of heart,  I chose to do the bag with #10 crochet cotton and #10 seed beads. I was very pleased with the result. I love all of the fun loops and the netted design of the middle part of the bag. I may have to try another one soon. 
I am fond of the color of these beads. They are a light sapphire with an AB finish.
I love to make bead crochet bags and have sold quite a few of them to people who want to use them to hold a special treasure. A lady bought one of my white bags to put her father's photo in on her wedding day. He had recently passed away, but she felt that his photo in the bag was a beautiful way to hold his memory as she walked down the aisle to meet her groom. I was so touched by the thought of that.
 These little bags make a spectacular presentation of a gift, or could be used to hold a written prayer, rosary or favorite piece of jewelry. The bags also remind me that while earthly treasures are fun, they don't last forever. Spiritual treasures are eternal.

"Sell what you have and give alms; provide for yourselves money bags which do not grow old, a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches or moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Luke 12: 33 & 34

No comments:

Post a Comment