Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Cleo's Cuff


 

This bracelet was inspired by a Bead Dreams challenge that I entered a few years ago.
The challenge was to create a free form peyote stitch bracelet.
I had been doing a color study on ancient Egyptian jewelry and so I decided to use those colors for my piece, which were blood red, lapis blue, emerald green, turquoise and, of course, gold !
I added a few extra elements, such as scarabs and a lotus button to complete the look.
I wonder if Cleopatra would have liked it. I enjoyed creating it !

"Now, when they had departed, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream, saying,"Arise and take the young Child and His mother and flee to Egypt, and stay there until I bring you word....."
Matthew 2:13

1 comment:

  1. Kathryn,
    Thank you for your lovely comment on my last post. I really like your bracelets. Welcome to blogland. I see you are relatively new on this blog. Have you had one before? I have only been blogging for one year and love all the new friends I have made through this venue. No I do not have an Etsy store as of yet but I am working on it. There is Google, Facebook, Etsy, Twitter, etc. etc. etc. If I tried doing them all I would not have time to create anything....lol But Etsy is my next step. I have sold some pieces through my posts but I must get out into other circles to be able to sell more. I have a huge inventory of over 100 necklaces and twice that in bracelets.
    I will add you to my blog roll so that when you post next I will be able to keep up with your newest posts. Have an Abundantly Blessed week & enjoy that sweet little bundle I see in your profile...
    Thanks again for being so kind,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete