Monday, November 23, 2009

Hot Tamale Wrist Ruffle

Hot Tamale Focal Bead Bracelet 
This bracelet was inspired by the focal bead, which is a multicolored art glass bead with splashes of orange/red, green, baby blue and  black. I have so much fun making this style of bracelet. The same technique can be used to make something whimsical or elegant, just depending on the ingredients I use. In this case, I felt that the results had a "southwest meets art deco" feel, thus the name. 
I used a lot of jet black seed beads to construct the ruffles and lots of pretty red beads, pressed glass flowers and leaves as the "doodle" beads on the ends of the ruffles. A pretty button and seed bead loop make up the clasp. 

"And the vines in blossom have given forth their fragrance. Arise, my darling, my beautiful one, and come along."
Song of Solomon 2:13
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment