Thursday, October 29, 2009

Blue Ridge



I love the Blue Ridge Mountains anytime, but especially in the spring and fall.
Springtime on the Blue Ridge was my inspiration here. 
This cuff bracelet was created with bead embroidery, which was applied to buckram and backed with buttery soft ultrasuede. The beads are size 11 myukis of blues, lavenders, greens and pinks.
The little "mountain" motifs are dotted with a 4mm fire polished crystal, and the pink "mountain laurel"flower in the foreground of the bracelet is created with the same. There are a few bugle beads scattered about, added for textural interest.
The claps is a button and loop closure. I liked the button's antique feel, and the deep pink center, which complimented the pinks in the design.
I love to visit our family vacation home in the Blue Ridge and watch the colors of the mountains change as the mist creeps in over their soft rolling peaks. There's something about the majesty of the mountains that speaks peace to my soul.

"The voice of my Beloved ! Behold, He comes leaping upon the mountains, and skipping upon the hills"
Song of Solomon 2:8

No comments:

Post a Comment