Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Victoria



I love beads. It is a selfish, dominating love. But I think they love me back, because they always do what pleases me. Well, most of the time anyway.

Today I begin my blog about beads, crochet and other art mediums that have captured my fancy.
This blog is most lovingly dedicated to the honor of my dear mother,
Jayne Claire Jones Ware, who nurtured my love for all things beautiful, especially beads.
She passed away a few years ago yet, when I am creating or designing, I feel her somehow near.
She was a great artist, and so I thank her for the inheritance and legacy of art.

The piece I am featuring today is a needle woven net collar. It was woven with Berkley's Fireline, in 8 lb strength and the color "Crystal" with size 11 czec seed beads in white and jonquil with an AB, or aurora borealis finish. The necklace was woven in two layers, with the bottom netted layer being the first.
The top was embellished with 3 cut crystal seed beads and some other oddly shaped crystal beads that I bought when I was visiting my brother in Rockwall, TX last year. They are transparent and very beautiful, though the photo doesn't show them off very well.
The embellishment also features white and light peach colored freshwater pearls.
The clasp is a pearl button and loop. 
I call this piece "Victoria" because I felt a sense of victory in completing it !
I imagine this adorning the neck of a beautiful bride as she delights her groom upon his first sight of her as she walks the aisle to meet him. The luminous pearls and crystals encircling her neck flicker in the light of the moon  as she dances joyfully at her reception, surrounded by beloved family and friends.

"For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that overcomes the world ~ our faith." I John 5:4

No comments:

Post a Comment