Saturday, October 31, 2009

Tuscan Sun


Dreaming of visiting a Tuscan vineyard and winery was my inspiration for this piece, which was created with bead embroidery over a piece of pretty ribbon that I inherited from my mother's stash. The colors were so beautiful, I and I just had to enhance the design with beads.
I stitched the ribbon atop my trusty buckram, and proceeded to embellish it with seed beads in vintage chocolate brown 3 cuts that I salvaged from a 1960's cocktail gown, and  number 11 lilac, emerald, gold and blue seed beads. The effect upon the sunset colored background was gorgeous.
The clasp of the bracelet consists of a button with an emerald green center and a seed bead loop.
This bracelet was sold two years ago.

"Now let me sing of my Well-Beloved, a song of my Beloved regarding His vineyard : my Well-Beloved has a vineyard on a very fruitful hill."
Isaiah 5:1

No comments:

Post a Comment