Friday, October 30, 2009

Pearls in the Sand







I love the beach....about as much as I love the mountains. But the bracelet I feature today was inspired by the the seaside.
This cuff bracelet was created with bead embroidery, using size 11 seed beads and hex beads and freshwater pearls, applied to buckram and backed with soft ultrasuede. The colors I chose are pinks, peaches, browns and bronzes that remind me not only of the sand, but also hues often observed at dusk and dawn when the sun is rising or setting for the day. The clasp is a pearl button and loop.
My family has spent many Septembers at Topsail Island, and I remember my children's laughter, having fun as they looked for treasures along the shore. The treasures of memories of those days will warm my heart forever.

The twelve gates were twelve pearls: each individual gate was of one pearl. And the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass. Revelation 21:21

No comments:

Post a Comment