Saturday, October 31, 2009

Floral Fantasy Pendant



This pendant was created by bead embroidery around a floral picture cabochon that I made myself.
I used a decorative marble "blob" that was flat on one side, and attached a snippet of pretty paper with glue.
I then attached the cabochon to buckram and proceeded to embroider around it with size 11 jonquil aurora borealis finished seed beads and peach alabaster finished seed beads, which complimented my little cabochon very nicely.
I backed the cabochon with black ultrasuede and stitched a bale for the chain, which is right angle weave.
A peach colored faceted bead and loop make up the clasp.
I am very inspired by the beauty of flowers and a floral theme flows consistently through my work.

"The grass withers, and the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever".
Isaiah 40 : 8

No comments:

Post a Comment