Saturday, October 31, 2009

Tiger Lily



I call this bracelet "Tiger Lily" because of the flower motif on the focal bead, and the colors, which reminded me of a tiger. This bracelet was contructed with a "bead soup" containing number 11 seed beads, pressed glass leaves, tiny wooden discs and spheres, and various size 8 seed beads. I inherited the bead from my mother's bead stash, and I have no idea where she got it, which added to the fun and mystery of the experience of creating it.

"So why do you worry about clothing ? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed as one of these. Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is today, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not clothe you, O you of little faith?"

No comments:

Post a Comment